Monday, September 7, 2009

half-time show



Sadly, I don't remember much about the race. It's all sort of a blur, maybe because we ran a little faster than we usually do? ;)

I do remember feeling like I was going to fall apart right around mile 7 and feeling guilty and like a failure in my training. I honestly (unrealistically?) thought it would be easier.

Becky was such an encouragement and that got me emotional a few times. She really kept me going the whole way. I'll have to search from within to continue on to the full marathon.

We beat our goal of 3 hours. Our final time was 2:43:02, making our pace 12:45min/mi.

The best parts for me were: running with a friend, using a real bathroom (instead of a port-o-potty) during the race, spotting Colin at Angel Stadium, and seeing the finish line. I teared up a few times, thanked God many times, almost got sick at the end, and could barely walk after I got home.

I was afraid that my knees were injured, but after a 3hr nap yesterday and sleeping from 9pm to almost 8am, my legs have recuperated and I think I can keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment