Saturday, October 17, 2009

Home Stretch

Right, I know I'm a month and a half late with this, but hey....I'm lazy! :) The race has been run, and the training is over (for me) but I wanted to show you the trail that I ran most frequently. This is not the real Whispering Trail (that's actually a street), but it is what Sandra and I affectionately referred to it as! These were taken my last day of training before the race. I was supposed to do a 2 mile walk. I doubt they meant for me to walk casually, taking pictures, and reflect on the previous weeks.....but that's what I did anyway. I took Declan with me on this outing, but my usual runs happened before he was awake, and while Trevor was still home. So here it is people, Whispering Trail....

The beginning of my route.
This trail is just outside a gate from my apartment community, nice huh?!
The sign at the "fork" in the road, I took the Hicks Canyon Trail from here.


This section goes by the park where Declan had his birthday party, it is also right across the street from our complex.


My beautiful view every morning I ran!

I love this house...or at least this much of it, which is all I can see from the trail.




Declan wasn't too thrilled that I "took a break"


I LOVED the trees. I know it's Socal and everything, but here's hoping we get to see some beautiful colors in the next few weeks! :)


I'm disappointed that I haven't run once since the race. I do miss this trail. Here's hoping I get out there soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment