Saturday, August 8, 2009

Eye of the Tiger

That's the song that's been going through my head the last few hours. And here's why:

On vacation, I ran once. Uno. That's it. I had all the great intentions to run at least twice, if not 3 times. But we were really so busy and moving and travelling that we (my sister-in-law Grace is the second part of the we, she's training for a half in October) never really had the chance. Perhaps we did too much on vacation, hmm? :) So then I had the intention again of running 5 miles yesterday. Yeah, that didn't happen. I had minor surgery (ahem....mole removed) in the morning, and then made excuses regarding that for the rest of the day.

But tonight, Sandra and I did our scheduled run: 10 miles! Wow! We didn't run the whole way, but we did run a great deal of it. Before the run started I was thinking about how we have 4 WEEKS till the race and I really need to get my butt into serious gear!! (On a side note, I have been able to get it into smaller jeans! :) I was thinking how I could change my running schedule, add a day, run longer each day, really get serious about my training. So as I was giving myself a pep talk, "Eye of the Tiger" popped into my head! Fun times!

So here we go, 4 weeks left.....and then I'm done! Amazing Sandra will keep going, and good for her! She's awesome like that! And I will be the most encouraging friend that I can be. Until then, I'll run beside her and keep her company. I think that's pretty good encouragement, wouldn't you? :)

1 comment:

  1. I love it! Even if you don't go for a full marathon, will you run with me occassionally for good time's sake? :D

    ReplyDelete