Saturday, August 1, 2009

super-sweaty

I accomplished my goal this week - to run the entire 9 miles today (my pace was 12:29.) I also ran the entire 5 miles on Thursday morning, which was a bonus. yippee! I can't believe that I started out hardly able to run 2 minutes straight and now I can run for almost 2 hours! It's an amazing feeling (past the achy knees and feet that were begging me to stop - too bad. You're going to keep moving and eventually learn to like it...)

Randy is trying to convince me that I'll not be able to stop after a full marathon. I just don't know at this point. I mean, I thought I would only do one marathon, but I found a really challenging one on Catalina Island (the Eco-marathon) in November that I desperately want to do, but next year. So I plan on doing a flat, "normal" marathon sometime between Jan-June 2010. So that's 2 marathons already in my near future!

Anyhoo, back to super-sweaty. I admit that I pretty much sweat like a dude. blech. Disgusting, I know.On top of that, it's in really embarrassing patterns, so I believe I need to invest in better running attire - the kind that wicks away the moisture to keep you cool and comfortable. I can do that now, because I'm a "runner!"

I love greeting other people on the trail. It sort of gives me a boost of energy each time they smile, nod, wave, or say "hi." It's kinda like a video game - I get an extra health boost or 1up (hearing the Super Mario Bro.s sound effects in my head) and I run a little faster or "skippier." (no, not like at the 5K. I'm more self-conscious now ;) I wonder if these people are as nice drivers as they are runners/dog-walkers/stroller-pushers/etc.

There is a group of 2-4 ladies who I see every morning I run. They run together. They chat. They wave and smile and say "good morning." They're ultra-fit, but in an awesome, healthy, lady-like way (ie. not scary, anorexic, Madonna way.) I don't know how far they run, but they really motivate me. I look forward to that 2 seconds that I get to see them. I wonder if I'll get to that point someday...

No comments:

Post a Comment