Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Puff Daddy's Worst Nightmare

We ran 10 miles this last Saturday! To the beach no less! It was a fun and exhausting experience, following a not-so-to-scale map and markings along the trail. But there is a trail "From the Mountains to the Sea!" I would say, in total we actually ran a little more than 8 of those miles. Bathroom stops, goo replenishes, and my need to walk kept us from running the full 10, but we did finish 10! The end of the run was so beautiful, it ends in Newport's Back Bay....which was flat! I was worried, being somewhat familiar with the area, that the end of our run would be climbing a steep hill. But the trail along Back Bay is level, down the cliff from the hills and houses. Excellent! I'm not sure I'd ever do that run again, but I would totally do a bike ride to the beach!

*Side note: When I was in High School, I worked for Villa Park Cable as a camera-man....-woman....-person, and I would often video the city council meetings. Almost as frequently as I worked, a man would come into the meetings, he was a resident of Villa Park, and he would come to complain about the coyotes. You see, his dear kitty cat Puffy had been mauled by a coyote, and he wouldn't stand for their existence in the city any longer. Cause the city council can actually stop coyotes from coming into the city. Silly man. Anyway, he became a joke to us cable employees, we called him Puff Daddy (hence.....). The station manager even came across a picture at a garage sale, paid the $.25, and proudly hung it on the wall of the production room. What was the picture you ask? It was of a coyote standing over the carcass of a bunny. Still makes me laugh just thinking about it.

Anyway......so on my way over to meet Sandra on Sat., as I was rounding a corner, I noticed a woman walking toward me, and behind her a little bit was an animal, I thought her dog. On a second, more concentrated look, I realized, "That's a coyote!!" (Hence......!) It bounded carelessly into the bushes soon after I recognized him, but the lady it was apparently following had also just noticed and was a bit upset at what could have been her doom. Or at least that's what it seemed like. I wanted to go pet the coyote! So cute!! :)

Oh, and I've run 5 miles the last two days, running the whole way! Go me! Wee!! Less than 3 weeks and this is over! YAHOO!

1 comment: