Wednesday, June 24, 2009

3 miles later.....

...and the brownie has STILL not been burned off! Ok, well maybe the other walking and what not that I've done today made up the last 100 or so calories needed to cover the 430 from the brownie. It is crazy to think that after running 3 miles straight, only 293.4 calories were burned!

BUT....I did run the whole way tonight! I'm learning that the treadmill and TV are spoiling me. And running at night as well. Oddly, I've felt better to run in the evening than when I get up in the morning. I guess that's not so odd, I'm NOT a morning person. But I want to run earlier so I can rest at night, and so I don't have to go to bed with wet hair. But my jogging stroller is having some tire trouble, needs to be fixed before the bambino can go runnings with me.

I tried something new tonight. I used my towel that I brought to the gym to cover the display on the treadmill. That way it is a little more like when I'm trail running, in that I don't know my exact distance. It helped! And I have to say, I think I'm starting to notice a difference when I run. I felt more comfortable tonight, like I could have pushed myself farther....in terms of pace that is. I was DONE at 3 miles.

I'm still curious how I'm gonna get through the half marathon......do you think they'll let me run on a treadmill towed by a car with a mounted TV? Oh dear.....

2 comments:

  1. Good job, tricking yourself into running more. Pretty sneaky! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to run a half marathon on a treadmill with a TV towed by a truck! Let me know if you find one :). BTW I have worn the same running clothes twice in a row...
    Grace

    ReplyDelete