Sunday, June 21, 2009

Sandra, what have you made me do?!?

I'm just kidding! This was something I had thought about for awhile....running a half marathon that is. Me bros and sister-in-law have run half marathons and such, and then the boys ran a full marathon a couple years ago. I went to that marathon to watch and cheer, and boy I'll tell ya....just being around people who've just finished a marathon was amazing. You could literally - ok, figuratively - feel the sense of accomplishment dripping from them. And you could smell it too....hmm.

Not that I could ever do a full marathon, that's all Sandra, and I will cheer her on like no other! But a half does seem doable. Especially the one we're doing: the Disneyland Half Marathon. I've always thought that if I were to do one of these crazy things, this would be the one I would do. Running through Disneyland? Heck yeah! And I believe it will be really helpful (for me, sorry Smams) to be as familiar with the whole course as I am, being that I grew up around here and have been driving around these streets for 11 years. And I'll be able to say to Sandra "only this much further!" and "OOH, this is coming up!" Hopefully that will be a good thing! :)

So I've been doing.....eh, pretty ok with my training. We ran the full 5K last weekend. GO US! But I haven't been able to do a full run since. :( And then yesterday's 5 mile, I just wasn't feeling it. And then I could hardly walk the rest of the day. Yuck. But, oh well, I keep moving on! A new hot body is at stake here! The funny thing is, when this ordeal....I mean challenge is over, I wouldn't mind starting to try for another baby. HA! Good thing health insurance is too expensive, I'll get to keep slim for awhile it seems. :) and :(

Oh hey, Sandra's peeps: I'm being kinda Jr. High about this and not telling all my friends and family, because I want to surprise them. I go back and forth with telling people, I'm bad at keeping exciting news....and, let's be honest, I like attention. I've told a couple people....just cause I couldn't not tell someone...or 3 ones. But I really do want to surprise people! That being said, this is why the blog is private. Sorry to be a pain......at least I'll be a hot pain when this is over! :)

Oh, I should also tell you.....I write A LOT! And I think I'm funny so I think people don't mind that I write a lot. I hope you agree......lie if you don't! :)

3 miles tomorrow! WOO HOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment