Sunday, June 28, 2009

it was like watching tv

So my life right now is without cable. And to hear Becky talk about running on the treadmill while watching tv sounded interesting, I don't know if I enjoy it so much when I'm at the gym. But running with Becky while she tells me about movies and books she's reading is totally awesome! It seemed to distract us enough to get through a super majority of the run...actually running!
And another milestone is that we were able to hold up a conversation while running. This really means a lot to me, because so many things I've read say "If you can't carry a conversation while doing the cardio, you're working too hard. (You shouldn't be able to sing, that would mean you're not working hard enough.)" Who knew that working too hard was as bad a problem as not working hard enough. We got it just right! And we're only going to get better.
After the run, I ate Papa John's pizza. I was planning on only one slice. It was almost 9pm (I have an aversion to eating after 9pm.) Well the slices looked small enough, so I ate 3. Three! I really need to stick to my plans. Same goes for the running schedule. I really need to just follow the plan. It's already going to be July and I've got a 10K to run! eek. Come'on, girl! Get your head in the game!!

No comments:

Post a Comment