Tuesday, June 23, 2009

bugs, I don't want to inhale you!

Running is tough. I thought that since I skipped my Sunday run (I had a painful healing blister on my big toe...ouch!) that I would tack on a mile to each of my other runs this week, starting today.

Well, that didn't go the way I planned. My foot is still hurting. I did run the whole 3 miles, but 4 was not gonna happen, today at least.

On top of that, why do bugs wish to be inhaled and make me freak out?! I feel like I should be running dressed in one of those bee-keeper suits to keep them away from my face. blech!

Ok, how am I going to run a 10K on July 4th? Hello?! The tagline is getting our butts in gear (and I think there's some more :) and I'm letting the tiniest things hold me back. Thankfully, Colin pushes me out the door (literally some days) to accomplish my goal. And once I'm out there, even dodging bugs and the occassional bad dog owner business, I really love it. I can feel the improvement now. Finally! That's pretty motivating. Just focus on that. Focus, focus, focus...

2 comments:

  1. And if you want to look really silly, there's a mesh hat thing with a bit of elastic at the neck to keep mosquitoes out. I have one. I plan on taking it with me to Brazil (no Malaria for this girl, thanks!). You can get it in the camping section at Wal-Mart. (Do ya'll even have those?) :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. Use this guy for inspiration: http://ryanrunseurope.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete