Friday, July 31, 2009

Fighter

I haven't updated in awhile. Perhaps it's because I'm ashamed of the fact that I haven't been keeping up entirely with my training. :( The last two "long" runs, I have not completed. Both times were because I ran out of time and needed to get home. But I have been trying to do more for my "short" runs to make up for it. I make excuses for myself though, and I shouldn't. Boo.


And now I am headed up to Fresno to start vacation. We are starting there, going to Lodi on Sunday, and driving to San Fransisco that night. Then on Tuesday we are meandering down to Monterey, staying till Thursday, and then home. With all the travelling I am nervous about keeping the training going. Thankfully my sister-in-law Grace (we are vacationing with my brothers and their families) is also training for a half marathon, so hopefully we can go running together. We'll see how it goes I guess.


I really love my running playlist. It's called "go running". I have on there a song called "Fighter" by Christina Aguilera. I believe, though I have not looked up the lyrics to confirm, that the song is about a man who treated her poorly but instead of letting it get her down she's now stronger and a fighter. For me, the man = fat. :) Yes, my fat. From being pregnant and eating poorly. Perhaps if you knew the chorus it would help:


'Cause it makes me that much stronger/Makes me work a little bit harder/It makes me that much wiser/So thanks for making me a fighter


Well, that's part of it. Anyway, it also makes me laugh at my silliness. Other good songs from my playlist: "Move Along" by the All American Rejects, (pretty much just those two words really, the rest of the song I don't get.) "Gotta Get Thru This" by Daniel Bedingfield, (that line is repeated....a lot.) Well, those are songs whose lyrics, or part there of, are inspiring, and I get motivated while I listen to them. Also, in Kirk Franklin's "Awesome God/He Reigns" he says "this is dedicated to all my people, who felt like giving up, and you didn't think you could make it" and then it goes into the song, which is basically "Our God Is An Awesome God" but really fun and upbeat and Kirk Frankliny. :) I love music!

Ok, so think of me this week and say a little prayer if you'd like. I am hoping that after vacation I can refocus and really get in gear for this race coming up in a little over a month. Eek! :) Again, we'll see how that goes.....

No comments:

Post a Comment