Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Bad mood

Stupid other people "working out". I did go running tonight, but I did not enjoy any of it. When I walked in, there was a guy in there already "using" one of the weight machines and the TV was on showing a baseball game. Every other time I've gone in, either there is no one there, or whoever is doesn't care about what's on the TV. Yes, I am that obnoxious person that asks if I can change the channel. I wouldn't like me much either. However, this time, it seemed that he did care about the game, so I didn't ask.....although I grumbled to myself and hoped he was leaving soon.

Before I go further, let me just say that other people's "work outs" are really weird sometimes. Like there is this man who's come in a few times while I'm running. He sometimes has gloves on and sometimes brings a mat which he does not use. He then proceeds to walk around, slightly aimlessly, and periodically lays down and does a leg lift or two. And then he'll lay there for a bit. He doesn't seem to really "work out" at all. There are the people who will sit on the bike and pedal at a very slow speed, doing nothing but maybe raising their heartbeat a beat or two. And then tonight, the baseball watching guy would move from machine to machine, do a couple reps, watch the game for 5 min, and then move on. One time he just sat there, not watching the game, picking his fingernails. It's like people think that just being inside the gym is good enough, that their intentions are what matter. Oh, if only that were the way.....

Tonight I also learned why Trevor will randomly tell the sports casters what idiots they are: because they are. Whenever a game is on at home, I tend to block out the announcers, mostly because I'm not really paying attention anyway. Tonight, I had no choice but to watch/read the subtitles for the game. Seriously, these guys are lame.

Also, apparently when I run on the treadmill, I run REALLY close to the display thingy. How do I know this? Because I've hit the HUGE pause button that's right in the front several times, not on purpose, and not always with my hands. Awesome.

Finally the guy left, so I was able to change the channel. I think the break in the run was not good for me, I never really got back into my "groove" and walked for a couple minutes. Yuck. But at least I was able to watch what I wanted. Distraction is what I need! TV, iPod, or Sandra*.....I always have at least one of those with me when I'm running, and when one is not working so well......watch out. Cause then I'll be in a bad mood.

*Sandra, just so you know, you have always worked superbly! :)

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain about people at the gym. This describes it perfectly:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfjwTtxdmac

    The only time I enjoyed listening to Jim Rome. :)

    ReplyDelete