Thursday, July 9, 2009

honesty is the best policy

I was looking at my training schedule (a modified version of Becky's training schedule) and decided to be honest with myself.

I marked thru the days that I didn't run or didn't strength-train or didn't cross-train and it wasn't pretty. There is a column for the [assumed] total miles run for the week, and not once have I completed the total. I knew this to be true, but when I saw it on paper, it made me realize that I am seriously not accomplishing the goals I set. So now there is a new column. A 'Goal' column of the total miles I should run, and a 'Total' column for the miles I actually ran. They should be the same from now on. I also had a couple days of 'rest' that have now changed to some kind of exercise days.

Since it's getting warmer, I'm trying to run in the mornings during the week. There's fewer bugs, so that's a plus. And people are much friendlier. I can see where I'm going, the view of the mountains is nice, and it's so neat to watch all the little critters scurry about. Just don't forget sunblock!

1 comment:

  1. How early in the morning are you thinking? I got my tires fixed for the jogging stroller today and I REALLY want to start running in the morning again. Let me know your plan yo!

    ReplyDelete