Monday, July 6, 2009

goals, schmoals

Since I didn't have any goals for the 10K from the start, it didn't seem all that bad, nor that much of an accomplishment. :/

6.2 miles is a lot! But I guess I got spoiled with the way the 5K had freebies, lots more people and events. I guess I really enjoy the "big scene" when it comes to racing, so, look out Disney! I'll be making crazy faces and leaping all over the place (especially thru the 'A' ;)

Despite what Becky thinks [that she held me back], it's quite the contrary. I absolutely feel that running with her is easier. At the end, I always feel like I could do more, but I know if I was on my own (which I am during the week for training) I always feel like quitting, and sometimes do. I wouldn't have run the whole race without her. Besides, Fried Green Tomatoes sounds like a pretty good movie. I don't know why I've never watched it.

I'm going to be taking some interim "after" pictures to motivate myself further. I think I need to see the progress when compared to my "before" pics. Eventually, I will post them, but they only go on my fridge for now. I'm hearing my Nike+iPod lady's voice, "Half-way point. Only 9 pounds remaining." Then eventually she will say, "You have reached your goal of 25 pounds lost. Celebrate by buying a new wardrobe." schweet.

P.S. Yes I understand that 9 is not half of 25. But I've been hovering around 12 pounds and VERY slowly inching my way down. It feels like I'm still only half-way there.

No comments:

Post a Comment