Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Great Roly Poly Migration

Sandra and I met at 5:30 on Sunday morning for our 7 mile run. I do not want to get up that early again on a Sunday when I'm planning to be at church at 9:15! We were on time to church, but I was SOOOOO tired, I could barely stay awake! (Sorry Randy!) But I think we did pretty good! We didn't run the whole way, but I would say we ran a good 5 of those miles, if not 5 1/2. Go us!

I have not done as well as I promised in my last post. I've had fast food a couple times....real fast food, like drive thru fast food. (Yes, I have specific ideas about what "fast food" is, meaning, I make excuses to still eat at some places.) I haven't always ran on the scheduled days, nor have I worked out on the "rest" days. Poo. But....

I have been running in the morning more, including the past two mornings. And I plan to run tomorrow morning too! I got proper running shoes!! I've been running in an old pair of walking shoes, the ones I bought for living in England, 5 years ago! So far, I love the new shoes. Today the tongue rubbed against my leg and it didn't feel too great, but I'll just wear a band aid tomorrow.

I noticed today when I run that I stare at the ground quite a bit. In the past I've seen a roly poly or two on the trail, but today it was crazy! So many polys, and they were all crossing from one side to another. I did my best to avoid them, and as far as I know they all made it. But I can't speak for the other runners out there this morning. Or the lady who was walking her dog in a stroller.

I'm nervous about keeping up with my schedule in a couple weeks while I'm on vacation. We (Trev, the babe, and I) leave on the 31st in the evening and we'll be in Fresno the whole next day. I don't really like to run in areas I'm not familiar with, and my grandparents don't have a treadmill. And I'm supposed to run 9 miles that day. Ugh. Soooooo, I'm working on a plan.....or something. Pray for me that I can keep up the runs (tee hee) while I'm gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment